- Faith and Worship
- How Do I...
Official Website of the
Catholic Diocese of Little Rock
“The bread which you do not use is the bread of the hungry. The garment hanging in your wardrobe is the garment of him who is naked. The shoes that you do not wear are the shoes of him who is barefoot. The money you keep locked away is the money of the poor. The acts of charity you do not perform are so many injustices you commit.” — St. Basil the Great
The following offers 25 ways to perform spiritual and corporal works of mercy in Arkansas. Click on the idea to get more details or contact information. To learn more, see why works of mercy are important or visit our Lent Resources.
1. Apologize for hurting another or forgive those who have hurt you and participate in the sacrament of penance.
2. Be the hands, feet and voice of Christ to those who need support through a difficult time.
4. Donate a car to Catholic Charities of Arkansas to support its many ministries.
5. Donate clothing and other supplies to victims of human trafficking and domestic violence.
7. Grab a CRS Rice Bowl at your parish and help people in developing countries and at home.
10. Help pay the tuition for a seminarian in the Diocese of Little Rock.
12. Mail cards, rosaries, Bibles or cookies to inmates in jail or a nearby prison.
13. Pay the tuition for a student who can't afford to go to a Catholic school.
15. Serve as a sponsor to someone going through the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults.
16. Share the prayer intentions on this website with others to remember in prayer.
17. Support CASA to help serve the pastoral, educational and social needs of our diocese.
18. Support the diocesan Disaster Relief Fund to help victims of natural disasters.
19. Take Communion to patients at your local hospital or visit those who have no visitors.
20. Teach a parish religious education class in your parish.
21. Visit the elderly at a retirement center or check in on parishioners who live alone.
23. Serve meals to the homeless or volunteer at a social service agency or your parish thrift shop.
24. Volunteer to assist patients at the Westside Free Medical Clinic.
25. Welcome a new parishioner or neighbor by visiting and making them feel at home.