Vocations and Seminarians Office
The Office of Vocations and Seminarians aids in the discernment process of those who are interested in a vocation to the priesthood or religious life as well as those who have already entered a formation program.
If you would like to talk with someone about becoming a priest, contact Msgr. Scott Friend.
Currently, the diocese has 34 seminarians and two discerners, José Luís Quijada and John Taylor. Our seminarians not only come from Arkansas, but from Georgia, El Salvador, Haiti, Mexico and Nicaragua. Most of these seminarians have been living in Arkansas for many years, but some are here in the United States for the first time.
Services and Ministries
- Assists parishes in establishing summer evangelization teams, parish vocation committees and guidance for existing committees.
- Provides vocations materials and displays for promoting vocations within a parish or school.
- Offers periodic discernment retreats for those interested in learning more about vowed living as a sister, brother or priest.
- Director is available for talks and presentations to parishes, schools and Catholic groups.
- Provides information and referrals on religious communities and lay missionary opportunities.