The official cemetery for the Diocese of Little Rock
Located at the corner of Wright Avenue and South Woodrow Street in Little Rock. The main entrance is off of Charles Bussey Avenue.
Cemetery gates open at sunrise and close at sunset. For more information, contact Sue Mullins at the Diocese of Little Rock on weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Calvary Cemetery covers more than 30 acres of land, which was donated to the Diocese of Little Rock in 1823. It is one of the oldest cemeteries in the state. Mausoleums were built on the grounds in 1987 and 1995.
Many deceased priests who served the diocese are buried in the “priests’ circle,” which began in 1933. There are several memorials on the grounds for the unborn and young children, including a monument dedicated for Project Rachel with the names of children their mothers lost through abortion. The annual All Souls Day Mass is celebrated at the outdoor altar. Today Catholics can choose between ground plots, mausoleum crypts or cremation niches for their final resting place at the historic cemetery.
P.O. Box 7565
Little Rock, AR 72217-7565
Superintendent for Cemetery Grounds: Michael Cagle (501) 663-2242
Maintenance and Grounds: Robert Tate-Lee
Secretary: Sue Mullins (501) 664-0340, ext 306
- Grave sites, niches and crypts available
- Annual All Souls Day Mass celebrated at the cemetery Nov. 2