Calvary Cemetery

The official cemetery for the Diocese of Little Rock

Calvary Cemetery covers more than 30 acres of land, which was donated to the Diocese of Little Rock in 1823. It is one of the oldest cemeteries in the state.

Mausoleums were built on the grounds in 1987 and 1995. Many deceased priests who served the diocese are buried in the “priests’ circle,” which began in 1933.

There are several memorials on the grounds for the unborn and young children, including a monument dedicated for Project Rachel with the names of children their mothers lost through abortion.

The annual All Souls Day Mass is celebrated at the outdoor altar. Today Catholics may choose between ground plots, mausoleum crypts or cremation niches for their final resting place at the historic cemetery. 

Mailing Address

P.O. Box 7565
Little Rock, AR 72217-7565

Staff

Superintendent for Cemetery Grounds: Michael Cagle (501) 663-2242
Maintenance and Grounds: Robert Tate-Lee
Secretary: Sue Mullins (501) 664-0340, ext 306

Cemetery Location

Calvary Cemetery is located at the corner of Wright Avenue and South Woodrow Street in Little Rock. The main entrance is off of Charles Bussey Avenue.

Cemetery Services

Calvary Cemetery offers grave sites, niches and crypts.

For a minimum donation of $10, cemetery staff will plant a group of five daffodils on the grave of your choice. Proceeds go toward the upkeep of the cemetery grounds. To learn more, see Help Calvary Blossom.

The annual Diocese of Little Rock All Souls Day Mass is celebrated at the Calvary Cemetery on Nov. 2.

Hours of Operation

Calvary Cemetery's gates open at sunrise and close at sunset. For more information, contact Sue Mullins at the Diocese of Little Rock on weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.