Open Your Hearts in Welcome!
¡Abran su Corazón en Bienvenida!
"Open your hearts in welcome!" was an initiative of Bishop Anthony B. Taylor that identified his priorities for the Diocese of Little Rock from September 2011 to March 2013. He launched this initiative in a homily that was played at all Masses in Arkansas Sept. 10-11, 2011. See results
In his homily, he identified four key areas, in what he called his "rallying cry" to parishioners to learn, grow and ultimately open their hearts to the future of the Church in the diocese. "We are experiencing changes in our diocese and we as Catholics and Christians need to be ready and responsive to these changes," he said.
These four priorities were: 1.) Welcoming the English translation of the New Roman Missal; 2.) Welcoming natural family planning for all engaged couples of child-bearing age; 3.) Welcoming the newcomers in our midst; this includes those joining the Church, immigrants, young adults and retirees new to the state, and those who have left the Church and want to return; 4.) Welcoming the Lord's call in your life, including a possible call to the priesthood.
This page offers the bishop's audio homily that was read at all Masses, as well as the text for those who wish to read along as they listen. In addition, the bishop's initiative is also offered in video and can we found on the diocese's YouTube channel. The two-part video, along with all the other materials are offered in English and Spanish.
Related Links/Enlaces Relacionados
- Natural Family Planning — Choose a method that works for you
- How to Become Catholic — Find out if the RCIA process is for you
- Aprende Acerca de la fe Católica — Descubre si el proceso de RICA es para ti
- Return to the Faith — If you have drifted away from the Church, we invite you to come home
- Welcome the Strangers Among Us — Read Bishop Taylor's 2008 pastoral letter on immigration
- Que sean Bienvenidos los Forasteros entre Nosotros — Lee la carta pastoral del Obispo Taylor acerca de la inmigración, publicada en 2008
- Ministerio para Jóvenes Adultos Hispanos — Hispanic young adults are welcome!
- Senior Adult Ministry — If you are new to Arkansas, get connected through the Senior Network
- Diocesan Seminarians — Read or watch their stories written in their own words
- Frequently Asked Questions — See if your questions have already been answered about seminary
- Religious Order Directory — Get contact information for all religious orders in Arkansas
- History of the Diocese — Learn more about St. John Seminary
Updated March 2013